BIASI Gas Boiler - pressure issue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I would like to know what the pressure setting is for a BIASI Gas Boiler (24S) as my boiler has a reading of zero on a scale that goes up to above 3 Bar when the system is on! The black indicator stays at zero whilst the red indicator is at 2 Bars - is this what itshould be or was in the past?

The system heats the water and radiators well downstairs but less so upstairs. The bottom of the radiators being warmer than the tops. The hot water is also not very hot and only last for a short time before going colder.

How do I fix this problem?

Excuse my ignorance/lack of experience on this issue!
Any advice/suggestions welcome - thanks!! - the system has been like this for the past 2 years!!

Sponsored Links
Expansion vessel needs pumping up to around 1 bar then put in 1 bar pressure @ guage so when system water is heated the increased pressure can be accomodated & not go t 3 bar

Thanks for the quick reply - much appreciated!

Sorry for this question (if it seems silly) but where do I locate the expansion vessel/what does it look like and how to top it up to 1 Bar?

Any help welcome!

Thanks

largy

Have managed to pump up the pressure to 1Bar from the expansion vessel. How do I add another 1 Bar at the gauge?

Sponsored Links
I was going to suggest you moved the red pointer to 1.5 Bar and then it should have worked fine.

largy said:
Have managed to pump up the pressure to 1Bar from the expansion vessel.
You've probably done it wrong. Try reading the FAQs topic - I think it's covered there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back