Biasi M96 SM/ B

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Biasi Garda HE model M96.28SM/B. 47-970-26. This model has a single PCB part number BI1715 100, Bertelli & Partners.

Hello.

Central heating running normally, my wife ran domestic hot water. This action seemed to coincide with boiler going off and all lights, fans, pump switching off but I cannot prove this as I was not standing by boiler as it happened. It certainly occurred within a couple of minutes of dhw demand.
Boiler totally dead.
Mains in, OK. Fuses OK. Fault finder says board fault. Board tested and primary coil blown on tranformer.
Question: As the primary coil will most likely have blown for a reason, what are the likely causes of this? I will be getting a new board, and hopefully the transformer damage has been caused by associated component failure on my original board, but it would be useful to know if I need to get other boiler components tested prior to fitting a new one.
Thanks in advance.

Rob.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The primary coils often fail with age as the wire is thin as a human hair. This repair needs to be carried out by a gas safe registered engineer.

Thank you. Will do. Strangely, although an old unit, this boiler has only been in use for three months so is effectively a new boiler. Would the wire still pop due to its age or would age/years of use be the main factor.

A bit of fingerprint grease or some soldering flux and a little damp air is all it takes to corrode through the copper winding.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back