Biasi Parva, DHW won't start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I have a Biasi Parva M90.24S boiler, 11 years old, and would appreciate if you could advise me on a few things:

1) The expansion vessel seems needing re-pressurising. Pressure goes up to around 2.6 bar when CH is on. When it's cold I have allowed it to stay as low as 0.6 bar without topping up, so it doesn't go near 3 bar when on. My question is - how low can I keep the pressure without affecting the heating system - 0.5 - 0.4? I don't have time to re-pressurise the expansion vessel at the moment and want to understand how critical is this pressure thing. I know 1 bar when cold is best.

2) Sometimes, especially after several hours of inactivity, the DHW won't start. It won't get to the ignition point. I turn on the hot tap, boiler starts doing something and...nothing. The green light starts blinking rapidly and that's it. Boiler doesn't go to lock-out. Then, to get hot water I need to turn CH on- it does ignite. After that I can turn it back to DHW and it works fine (turning on-off works as it should). Any ideas what it could be? I have boiler cover starting in August but want to understand what's the issue and if I can fix it myself.

Thank you,
Martin

Sponsored Links
You need to make time to sort the expansion vessel, its not worth looking at other probs until the basics are right.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back