Biasi riva, hot water no CH!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, had to replace 'O' ring on diverter valve assy, had been chuffing out water! Now I have plenty of hot water, but the CH will not spark up at all! Model is a Biasi Riva compact HE, M96.24SM/C. Any ideas? Upon removal the motor was dry, so I suspect it is something else, Not sure what water could have affected. PCB was bone dry, fuse in PCB is ok...

Sponsored Links
first things to check is the stats (tho this should give you fault lights if you _ have the logic pcb (big long one ) or the old type 2 pcbs. and check against the book. (CH thermistor is on the left hand side i believe on this boiler )

If they are seated good, check external controls and ensure its all switched in and wires are onto the wiring block.

No CH but hw ok -> External controls on/timer on > boiler CH stat up and is connected to PCB and is moving the pcb connection > boiler stats > PCB.

Thank you for your prompt reply, whilst I was at work today someone came round and fixed it! Not sure what was wrong yet, but will try to find out..

Wow.... did you polish a brass vase?

How on earth did anyone just "happen" to pop round and fix it?

And all without knowing the boiler is faulty or even getting paid for the work. To say nothing of how he got in or do you leave the key under the mat for any passing genii?

Tony

Sponsored Links
I knew that magic lantern would come into use one day!! It was one of the extended family that came round.... Pretty handy to say the least! :D

Do you have a boiler engineer in your extended family or just a DIYer?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back