Bigger service fuse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

will my REC (I'm in Liverpool) charge to fit a bigger service fuse, say 100A?
Currently we have a 60A in the bubble, but the cu is 100A. We have a 9.5 Kw shower drawing c. 41A without anything else on. In addition, we have 2 x lighting circuits, 2 x rings , a cooker radial & an alarm.

Cheers,
Julian

Sponsored Links
dont worry about it. if it blows, theyll prob replace it with 100A. my house only has a 40A and its never blown in the 6 years ive been here

greencoat said:
Hi all,

will my REC (I'm in Liverpool) charge to fit a bigger service fuse, say 100A?

how should we know, ask them

Sponsored Links
Screwi said:
I think he was after some friendly advice :rolleyes:
it was, see 11a

i said it because it is true, how are we going to know what some one else will do?
his question is will he be charged by rec for bigger fuse, do you know the answer? because i dont.

if you do, what are this weeks wining lotto numbers

it could have been worded less rudely though right??

greencoat, i can't say for sure either. however EDF don't charge for this, so i'd be surprised if you were charged for the work.

user56565 said:

greencoat, i can't say for sure either. however EDF don't charge for this, so i'd be surprised if you were charged for the work.

i agree with breezer. how should we know what other REC's/DNO's charge for upgrading service fuses etc?

user56565 said:

yes ok, the lotto number was a bit too hopefull, but as andrew2022 said
how should we know what other REC's/DNO's charge for upgrading service fuses etc?

you have to bear in mind this is a diy forum, if you were to say they wont charge, then poster gets a huge bill, who's fault is that?, its your because you said he wouldn't be charged.

They may not have charged you but as has been said different rec's work diferntly, that is why you should always refer some one back to supplier (of the product) when asking will they charge or how much will they charge, since you can not answer for them, and dont forget each job is differnt

Thanks for (some of) the replies,

I understand 11a, but I merely wondered if anyone from Liverpool had recently had this done and if they were charged for it, not what the price was.

Julian

If only people would take a little time to read what should and should not be posted or discussed. It would save a lot of offence...

Perhaps the forum rules could be more prominent, admin? In their own sticky that flashes, perhaps??

There was an expression, 'There is no such thing as a stupid question'. Apparently this is no longer the case.

Aren't the forum 'rules' supposed to be helpful? If so many people fall foul of them, then perhaps they need a rethink. If there is a concern about liability, then a disclaimer may be useful.

The forum rules are helpful.

People fall foul of them because they do not read them. Perhaps if they were MORE PROMINENT, then more would read them.

i agree with pna.

breezer, i just think that a helpful reply, with a reminder that he should contact the REC directly (for the perfectly valid reasons you've given) would have been better. oh, and i never promised him it would be free either...

it shouldnt be the case that people should get so worked up or be so rude to each other in a forum like this. it will only stop others from asking questions, or posting replies in 'fear' of a negative/hostile response.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back