Binge Drinking and Anti Social Behaviour

J

joinerjohn

Theresa May, is now on about tackling ASB and binge drinking, saying it's time the licensing laws were looked at.
What do you think?

My personal view is that licensing laws don't need changing, it's the laws concerning ASB and causing mayhem whilst drunk that need changing.
If some drunken youths cause trouble in a town/city centre on a Saturday night, they should be locked up until Monday morning when the magistrates court opens. When found guilty, instead of a namby pamby ASBO and a small fine, lets allow magistrates to impose a weekend curfew from 4pm till 8 am every weekend for 6 months on the guilty party. A rather large minimum fine too let's say £500, rising up to a maximum fine of £1500, should see these drunken louts with a lot less money in their pockets to spend on booze.
All this for a first offence.
Second time the curfew extends to 1yr, the fine up. Third time, the curfew has to be spent in a police cell.

What would you do as Home Secretary to tackle this sort of behaviour??

Sponsored Links
First, I'd suggest that Theresa May stopped wearing outfits from the 1970's TV sci-fi series UFO.

Then I'd ban alcohol in anywhere other than out of town enclosed and heavily policed areas.

I remember Gabrielle Drake from the UFO series. I had many a good hard think about her. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I like binge drinking, well I used to, before my anti-social behavior started.
I knew, I should not have invited the missus down the pub!

Sponsored Links
problem with fining people is that most people pleed poverty and end up paying £1 a week for 33000 years. Half the time it costs the courts far more to issue and pursue a fine than what they actually get back.
Personally I think we should build more and bigger prisons. Partly funded by reducing the costs at other prisons. Lowering the quality of food, furniture, entertainment, training, and reduce staff costs by making prisoners stay in their cells for 23hrs a day.
Ask a British and a Thai criminal if they're scared of going to jail. Now compare jails.
It will never happen of course, cos we don't wanna hurt the poor luvvies feelings or make them feel bad. Sodding human rights :evil:

Ah come on now micky you shouldn't be so bitter so young :LOL: give it another 20 years ;)

Oh and thanks for that the other day

I don't want to think what I will be like in 20yrs. Probably intolerable :)

oh and no worries. About time eh :D

Back