Black gloss on top of Zinsser Bin applied to skirting/trim

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hi

Plan on Zinsser Binning my really old (11 years+) white glossed moulded skirting & then hopefully some black gloss on top. Being a noob i have only gone and bought Dulux WB Quick Dry Gloss & have seen many comments about how crappy it is.

Should i get rid of the dulux and go oil based instead?

How do i approach the binned skirting with regards to undercoating? (i can't seem to find any solvent/oil based grey undercoat within the uk on amazon or ebay)

Can i just topcoat binned skirting with 2 coats of black solvent based gloss instead? (am assuming WB gloss is too crappy for a minimum of 2 coats?)

Now reading about darkened gloss due to no natural sunlight (gothy daughter bedroom) so is Acrylic Satin a better option?

My head hurts...

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
BIN then 2 coats of the Dulux gloss you bought will work fine.

You can buy black or grey pigment to add you water-based white undercoat if you want to buy online

Is tinting the Zinsser Bin black/grey an option also? I have a 1L can.

I've got brewers to tint BIN but home tinting I don't know how that will work out

Sponsored Links
in my experience the water bass gloss will dry in a satin finish, so you could use that as an undercoat for oil gloss.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back