Blockwork Knowledge Needed Ta.

Sponsored Links
If your idea is to keep the wall as thin as possible internally, could you brace it in some way on the outside? i.e Coal bunker! or even just a gabion basket full or rocks?

If your idea is to keep the wall as thin as possible internally, could you brace it in some way on the outside? i.e Coal bunker! or even just a gabion basket full or rocks?
Missed this, thanks for the response. I can easily do the thing 'blocks-on-flat'*, but that's more work, larger slab, and I wondered, overkill. Hence the question.

* if that's the right description.

Sponsored Links
I personally wouldn't be building it with a single skin block wall, I would lay them flat and I would use expamet in the beds.

I personally wouldn't be building it with a single skin block wall, I would lay them flat and I would use expamet in the beds.
I would do the same. It might hold up, but not really worth taking the chance, especially with people jumping in and out of it.

Had you considered just buying a glavanised dip tank and, if you couldn't live with its appearance you could still build a non structural wall around it, that removes any doubt as to structural integrity , waterproofing and creating a leak proof drain plug.

I had an old cattle feeder that would have done the job. Really thick, tough plastic but I made it into a pond. Probably the best pond liner around.
DSC00136.JPG

Yes there are preformed plastic standalone pond liners, it's a no brainer if you can find one the right size. All this talk of block wall lining is barmy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back