bloody cars

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
cant believe this had major probs with my old car got rid of it and bought a mazda m3 sport 56 reg and its making a knocking noise when driving the faster you go the more noticeable it is its still under warranty and is due to go into mazda on the 9th but just wondeing if anyone had any ideas as to what it could be many thanxs

Sponsored Links
More info needed to have a guess at what it could be but I'd have it looked at ASAP. I wouldn't wait until the 9th.

thanxs for reply but they cant get me in before that its been doing it for the past 2 weeks when you slow down it stops then when you get your speed up you can hear like a thudding noise repeatingly

Where's the noise coming from, drive shaft, brakes, transmission, engine or what?

Sponsored Links
its coming from underneath the car and you can feel it

its more prominent in the front passenger seat

Lie under it in the morning and have a look, you just might see something. Or drive to your Mazda place and let them see it.

thanxs for reply but they cant get me in before that its been doing it for the past 2 weeks when you slow down it stops then when you get your speed up you can hear like a thudding noise repeatingly

Inspect your tyres, you may have a bubble on the tread, ply seperation due to damage, ie running into a pot hole or over an object.
If the thumping noise is consistant with road speed then this is my guess.

Wotan

hi just thought you would like to know the outcome of this noise it turned out to be a flat spot on one of the tyres the dealer didnt manage to spot it though they were trying to tell me it was the parcel shelf for gods sake ende up taking it to a friend who owns a tyre businness and he had a good check on all tyres which the dealer was supposed to have done and found the problem at long last it had been driving me crazy

Sponsored Links
Back