blown bricks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When the man came to do my free cavity wall insulation (last year) he said he couldn`t do it because of the blown bricks on the gable end. I couldn`t afford to mend them until now and there are lots more. My gable end is out of line with the rest of my neighbours and is exposed to all weather. If i have the ones blown now replaced it seems to me that others will soon follow!That`s what the man gave as his reason not to do the insulation! So can the wall be painted with something like weathershield paint or does it need rendering or what? HELP!! :(

Sponsored Links
Hard to tell without pictures. Would you want you hose painted? if so the faulty bricks would need to be replaced.

Andy

The insulation man was right - if the wall gets that much weathering - then the water would cross the cavity if it was filled :idea: . You could consider tile hanging ( loads of this style in Sussex) but it might not look right/need permission :confused: - after the walls are filled .

Sponsored Links
If a lot of bricks are blowing this is usually because the mortar is excessively hard?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back