Blue spot in WPB in roof of shed under rubber roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought 12 sheets of WPB instead of using the OSB supplied with my shed, as I needed the extra strength and water resistance, then put a Rubber roof on the top. At Christmas I noticed one board in the roof had developed black spots - three months after the roof went up -and I complained to the supplier (can I mention them? G&D) who said I should have treated it before I put it up! I cleaned the mould off but it has rapidly reappeared, and it is in only one board, so I believe it was in the board before I put the roof up. My only worry is that there is an air bubble in the rubber (it was my first attempt at doing this and I was later told I should have used a hair dryer on it.....) though I doubt this is the cause of the mould. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place because I can't replace the board because it would mean trashing the rubber roof. Note, this is a big shed: 6m x 3m.

Any views on what I can do to stop the mould?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back