BMW E46 Window Regulator install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,
need a bit of advice, please.

am about to install a new regulator (front drive side) i bought today for my old BMW 2001 320.

what am not sure about is if i need to grease/lubricate the new regulator before install.

-If so, where on the regulator exactly is it important to lubricate?

-Also what lubricant to use?

I will be grateful if you can advice on these 3 issues:

1.does the new regulator from BMW need lubrication before install?
2. if so, where to lubricate?
3. what is the best lubricant to use?

most grateful for your advice

thank you and see pictures of new regulator.

Window regulator.jpg

Sponsored Links
It's not absolutely necessary as the pivots of the regulator are made from nylon - however, if you have some white spray grease give all of the pivots a squirt with that.
John :)

thank you for the quick reply. i guess i will take this back then and exchange if white spray better. i bought silicone lubricant today although i wasn't too sure about what to use, if any.

Attachments

• silcone.jpg
    silcone.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 91
appreciate the advice. these regulators are not cheap , so i need to get is right...:)

Sponsored Links
The silicone spray is pretty thin, but does work well enough.....the white grease is lanolin based which sticks better and can't wash off. It's the lube of choice for swivelling plastic parts but works equally well on metals.

sorry mate, if am asking a silly question but is white grease the same as white lithium grease?

The white lithium is just what you need - I think Halfords do a spray can?
It's a second generation up from the lanolin base lube which was originally developed for machinery used in the food processing trade.

Sponsored Links
Back