Boiler Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Probably been done a thousand times, but I couldn't find a directly relevant post on the search facility.

Plumber has recommended Baxi 105 HE combi boiler, says its got a good flow rate for the price, and 5 year warranty.

Everything I read screams Vaillant. On paper, the EcoTec 831 has same flow rate, but only 2 year warranty and is generally <£150 more.

Enlightened people of DIYnot, which should I go for? Is the Vaillant worth the extra? I used to have a potterton puma which needed a new PCB every year, so am very wary of Baxi/Potterton.

Cheers

Dave

Sponsored Links
The Baxi 105 HE does not have a 5 year warranty. The Baxi Gold does, but only if you have it serviced every year.

Most would go with the Vaillant.

Whatever you go for will not last properly if you don't get a good CORGI in to fit, flush and commission it properly :rolleyes:

I think you'll find that Ecotec Plus is favourable on price compared to the Baxi Gold.

Go for the Vaillant ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies both. In defence of the fitter, he didn't say the boiler had a 5 year warranty, I assumed that after seeing something about it on the baxi site :rolleyes:

Think I'll go with the Vaillant!!

Cheers

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back