BOILER CERT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

Had a condensing boiler installed in May. The gas man said he had doen the self certifying course with the council and so could self certify the boiler.

Should I be expecting a certificate for when I sell the house? If so where should it come from, the gas man or the coucil?

Thanks

Paul.

Sponsored Links
Should I be expecting a certificate for when I sell the house? If so where should it come from, the gas man or the coucil?
1 Yes
2 Neither .. It should come from corgi if he is legitimate and has bothered to register it

Hmmm........that's a new one, "........done a self certifying course with the council". Now which council would that be?

Sponsored Links
check his corgi id with he would have filled in a benchmark form it would be on there or on your receipt

you would have had the certificate from corgi by now if you where going to get one

out of curiosity will you inform on him if he isnt legit ? as a lot of people who get taken in by these false tradesmen mostly say ahh its not worth the bother

be bothered ok you dont know if the job is good or not now

You can check his CORGI number which he filled in on the blue Benchmark Certificate which came with the boiler.

He did fill it in didn't he ???

If not, he is a cowboy and should be reported to CORGI for installing a boiler when he is not registered.

You do have his proper name and address don't you? Not just his first name and mobile number?

T

whey hey calm down peeps...

He's a friend of a very good friend. I know where he lives etc, he worked for BG for 22 years before going alone byhimself 2 years ago.

I'm just confused as too the new regs and whether I should be getting a certificate or not. I was gonna call him yesterday but wanted to make sure what he tells me is correct as I have not recieved any certificate and always like to try and be one step ahead of tradesman with what they tell me.

Also beleive me if he is dodgy he will be reported!! I dont pay good money for cowboys, the cheque was made to his sole trader company aswell so no cash job etc. But I'm sure he's legit.

Thanks for the replies, from what I can tell I should be getting a certificate from corgi. I'll call him about it, now I know what he should have done. He did leave some paperwork, not sure if the benchmark is in there but at least now I know it should be so thanks for the tip.

I do trust this guy but when it comes to gas and paying lots of money I still want to make sure he's done it right.

Its quite simple!

He should have filled in the blue Benchmark Certificate which came with the boiler and given it to you to retain.

In addition he should have notified CORGI and they will send you a letter confirming it was installed by a registered person and that they have advised Building Control for their records.

Tony

Just one more reply....... before I start running.

Checked when I got home, I have nice crisp benchmark. Called gasman, he entered details on corgi web site last week (got delayed in doing it, waits till he has several to do), so should have cert soon.

Thanks (not you tho slogger)

dont mention it :D

how does that song go again

if i was a rich man bidibidbidbid bum etc

what is it called again

Brilliant post

Shame some jump straight on the assumption that he was a rip off merchant though aint it?

Even us plumbers are begining to think that every one other than ourselves is a git who don't know what they are doing and are only interested in ripping the arse off a clients wallet

how sad :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back