Boiler Choice (again)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to install a combi storage 'all in one box' boiler and DHW storage tank to save space and remove tanks to convert the loft. The house is 4 bed, 1 bathroom, 1 en-suite, 1 cloakroom.

I am currently reviewing the following boilers:-

1) Alpha CD50

2) Potterton powermax HE 150

3) Viessman Vitodens 333

4) Gledhill Gulsteam 2000

5) Ideal Istor 325 HE System Store boiler

I am veering towards the Alpha CD50 (cost driven) - Has anyone got any positive/negative comments on this boiler system.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
did you ever get round to installing aphacd50. i am also considering this as a wall mounted combi storage boiler and wondered if it turned out ok.

Don't even consider 2 or 5 :eek:

Doubtfull on the Gledhill, but Alpha or Veissmann should be ok.

Have you considered the new Vaillant Ecotec Plus 937?

gas4you said:
Don't even consider 2

And your reason behind this comment?

The Powermax 150 HE is a superb boiler and will easily satisfy the requirements.

Very easy to install, factory set everything and almost silent operation, what else do you want?

Sponsored Links
baxpoti said:
gas4you said:
Don't even consider 2

And your reason behind this comment?

The Powermax 150 HE is a superb boiler and will easily satisfy the requirements.

Very easy to install, factory set everything and almost silent operation, what else do you want?

Dear Baxpoti

Dave does not like Potterton, Understandable as they have produced some right donkeys over the years. I dont think he relises that 3 - 4 years ago Potterton upgraded a lot of there range to stainless steel heat exchangers and better quality parts. Therefore as you and i both know following local engineer meetings becoming a lot more reliable. :D

Lots of love Poxi xxx

Reliability for starters ;) You may both know they might have improved but what is there for normal installers to trust them again?

At present I am getting fed up with literally 'phone calls every day from Baxi asking if I will fit their latest boilers.

No other manufacturer has to do this :rolleyes:

gas4you said:
Don't even consider 2 or 5 :eek:

Doubtfull on the Gledhill, but Alpha or Veissmann should be ok.

Have you considered the new Vaillant Ecotec Plus 937?

you back in love with Hepworth then matey :)

Dave and Vaillant sitting in a tree

etc and so forth

Lmao

You have a good memory Corgi ;) Yes they have settled my complaints to my satisfaction. Nothing to do with product or reliabilty, just that an engineer who was sent from outside my area to one of their Ecomax pros was a d***head (glow worm group service engineer) and I told them that I was not going to fit their boilers again unless I was guaranteed my local Vaillant engineer would attend any (big IF ANY) call outs I placed in future. They have now agreed so we are all happy ;)

gas4you said:
You have a good memory Corgi ;) Yes they have settled my complaints to my satisfaction. Nothing to do with product or reliabilty, just that an engineer who was sent from outside my area to one of their Ecomax pros was a d***head (glow worm group service engineer) and I told them that I was not going to fit their boilers again unless I was guaranteed my local Vaillant engineer would attend any (big IF ANY) call outs I placed in future. They have now agreed so we are all happy ;)

YAY

take no prisioners mate

:LOL:

I never do, if a manufacturer wants my loyal business they have to bend to my demands ;)

gas4you said:
I never do, if a manufacturer wants my loyal business they have to bend to my demands ;)

you should have asked for a ferrari VAN, a sat nav, a new computer and a bacon sarnie

I would have

:)

I settle for a free major p*** up and meal. Although these come naturally quite frequently so I've probably lost out :rolleyes:

gas4you said:
I settle for a free major p*** up and meal. Although these come naturally quite frequently so I've probably lost out :rolleyes:

well give us a shout when the next one comes up :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back