boiler differences

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,
very soon i am having a new combi fitted,

i do not really know which are the best. but i have decided between vaillant turbo max or ecotec.

i know the ecotec is more efficient, but other than that are the boilers the same and do they output the same.

or is the turbo max a better boiler but more thirsty.

im trying to balance performance vs efficiency kinda thing.

All help appreciated

Sponsored Links
I think he probably means an Ecomax and not a turbomax!

Tony

no i thought the ecotec and turbomax vaillant boiler were the ones in question. eco being a grade and turbo being d grade. eco is a condensing aswell.

my question then is, sorry i know i sound abit stupid but is the condensing just as good in delivery than the other non condensing ie, turbomax.
of course its alot more efficient and that does say it'll deliver as good but just to clarify regardless of energy consumption the condensing one will perform as good.

Sponsored Links
You can check the performance figures on the Vaillant web site.

It seems that you may have missed the fact that ( with a very few special exceptions ) ALL boilers installed now have to be condensing.

Or perhaps you dont want to comply with Building Regs or perhaps you have a non CORGI registered installer who wants to fit a non compliant boiler for you. ( Maybe he has one which is second hand or old stock? )

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back