Boiler fires up when i bang the PCB box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
right so my boiler will start if i bang the box with the PCB inside, i've taken the cover off and checked the connections but cant seem to find anything loose.. i've also used a can of pressured air to clean the inside out.. still no joy but comes on for around 5 minutes if i bang it.

noticed last night also that the left handside pipe that goes from the boiler back up into the header tank was boiling and was sending boiling water and lots of steam back into the tank?

i have what looks like an air vent pipe thing (sorry i dont know what it is) above the right hand side pipe on the boiler up in the loft.. i believe this has been blocked before and wondered whether this was a problem as i drained the system yesterday.. arrhhh! i presume the 'overflow' lefthandside pipe out of the boiler should not get hot after 5 minutes of the boiler working?

Sponsored Links
Is the pump working and not airlocked?

All this draining causes air problemsand is never a DIY fix for any problem.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back