boiler help please please please please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all , i have a ecomax boiler , last night the rubber flex that connected 2 copper pipes together burst open, i bought and fitted new part today , refilled with water , pressed the reset button and it just makes a few noises then nothing ? the flame picture wont appear on screen and it wont fire up , have pressed it a few times and it just wont start , any ideas ?

ps.. it will fire up if i press the + and - next to what looks like a picture of some ladders ( im female :) )buttons together but it just heats up the radiators and i get no hot water ? then when i press the reset button it all turns off again ..... please please help x

Sponsored Links
Is the programmer switched on for heating and/or hot water ?

ha ,, i dont know ? i pressed the reset button on timer when it wouldnt work, does it need to be on a setting to fire up , thanks shz

I dont know what timer you got but look for constant or all day or on and yes it needs to be on a setting for the boiler to fire up. ;)

Sponsored Links
have just turned the 2 buttons to timer ( 1 for water , 1 for heating ) and hey presto its fired up !!!!! so its just a case of figuring out how to work timer......thanks picasso ... your the man !!!! xxxxxxx

:( got it fired up , heating works fine but the water in just luke warm , i have the heat control on full but when you reset it it goes warm for a minute then fades to cold ...any ideas ?

celtsof67 you have learnt the hard way Im afraid that using footy names on any forum will result in childish abuse

Haha ... True , lts changed , i like to let the kids have their fun though, it's hard on the dole

I remember that team. They used to say that Tommy Gemmell had the hardest shot in football.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back