Boiler noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just bought a property that turns out to have a boiler that doesn't work at all and the boiler is in a place that makes the flue illegal (as it would pump out directly onto my neightbour's property). The solution that I have been given by a very reputable company(BG) is that the new combination boiler (a small bosch worcester greenstar model - it's a one bed property) be moved into my bedroom and that the pipes then be routed out towards my garden so that the flue and plume goes out onto my own garden.

My dad has just pointed out that it might be noisy to have a condensing boiler in my room, even if its small and new. Any ideas/experiences/thoughts on this one??? As a first time buyer with NO plumbing experience, I genuinely have no clue!!!

All response greatly apprecaited :)

Sponsored Links
Although boilers are not noisy these days I still do not like them in a bedroom and would only recommend this to a customer as a last resort. It could still be a problem if you are a light sleeper when it initially fires up each time.

BG are not the only reputable installers, just the most expensive. Ask around neighbours etc for recommendations. Do you have a local scheme that trades men belong to after they have been vetted. Call your local council.

I am member of my local council's vetted scheme, they issue a directory book listing most good local trades people. Also check internet for sites that offer independent reports from customers, good or bad, on local tradesmen.

I fitted a Worcester 12Ri for a friend and I do have to say that its so quiet when its on lower power that I find it hard to know if its actually firing or not! When it spools up to full power it can be heard but in my view its still not noisey but that is an individual opinion.

Depending on the layout of your flat there may be other options so dont assume that BG have considered all the possibilities. A boiler in the bedroom should be the last option to be considered.

You dont say how you came to the conclusion your existing boiler cannot be repaired or id "illegal". If it has been working like that for 10 years it might not be that bad and you could be the victim of bully sales tactics.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back