boiler not firing up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello

i have a problem with the central heating system. When the hot water is switched on the boiler fires up but it does not fire up when the heating is put on. Also when the hot water is put on all the rads get hot. I thought it must be a port valve stuck but i cant find one.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the valve is stuck in mid-position. They are usually in the airing cupboard next to the hot water cylinder.

can't seem to find a port valve, would there be a system where a valve is not used.

If you have a gravity hot water system with pumped central heating (i.e. old system before valves were used) then it is necessary to have the hot water on before the central heating can be operated. On the other hand you could have a combi.

There's a lot of guessing going on here, you need to provide us with more information. The make and model of the boiler would be a start.

Sponsored Links
its not a combi its a trianco tro 15/19. when you slide the water on to run the boiler fires up but if you slide the heating onto run it doesn't fire up

You may well have gravity hot water pumped heating, in which case your pump is only used for heating, and if pump has failed, seized, stopped working, no heating.

What has happened to your Glowworm Micron?

thanks i'll dig a bit deeper. and nothing has happened to the micron its not my c h system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back