Boiler 'on' or turn off when not being used......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning,

At the moment when I need hot water or central heating I turn the an electric switch in the kitchen which controls all the power to the boiler & programmer. Once I've finished with the boiler, I turn it off at the wall programmer and then off in the kitchen so it's completely off from the mains.

Is it OK to do this or should I really leave the boiler electric 'on' all the time so the boiler is on 'standby' as such and then just turn on at the programmer when needed?

I'm not so much fussed about saving a little electric, but just want the ways that's best for the boiler so it lasts.

Regards

BW

Sponsored Links
Until you tell us the make and model and possible age we cannot come to any conclusion.

Tony

You're up late Agile...... Thanks for your reply anyway :D

It's a Ravenheat RSF82E installed in '02.

I'm off to bed now, any more information needed please let me know and I will get it.

Regards

BW

Sponsored Links
Leave the boiler power on all the time! It will give hot water whenever you turn on a tap.

Use the programmer to control the heating times.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back