Boiler overpressuring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I was just wondering if anyone could help me out. I have got a Worcester Bosch 40HE plus combi boiler which keeps overpressuring and putting the water out of the PRV. I had changed the valve thinking it was broke but that did not help. There is still are in the expansion tank and the filling loop is disconnected. The pressure only rises to 3bar when the heating is on. The pressure gauge will not move when the heating is not on. Anyone had this problem. Could it be a crack in the heat exchanger and when the boiler is hot the crack opens and lets main pressure into the heating system. Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The system should have a resting pressure of about 1bar, so it may need the expansion vessel represurising.

As it only happens when the heating is on it is either the expansion vessel or the communication hose/pipe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back