Boiler pressure drops every few days

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,

We are having issues with our boiler where the pressure drops every couple of days to a point where if it drops low enough we get not hot water. I have recently bled the radiators as only half we’re getting hot when on but the issue with the pressure started before this, but seemed to have gotten worse after it. The boiler itself I believe is something from the ark , the model is an alpha cb28x, as it is a rented property it is serviced every year, and they won’t replace it if it working fine.

What would be causing this? Have I made it worse by bleeding the radiators or could it be something else ?

Sponsored Links
A few questions:
1. Is it a combi boiler, a conventional boiler (heats only and has separate hot water cylinder, or a system boiler?
2. If its a combi or system boiler then do you have a filling loop near the boiler? This looks like a flexible pipe connected to the pipework with an isolation valve at each end. Opening these will re pressurise the heating circuit so that the boiler can come back on
3. If you have a cylinder for hot water, do you have an immersion heater you can use to keep that hot while you sort the boiler?

If you repressurise the system and it drops again, you have a leak somewhere or a faulty pressure release valve and you need to call a plumber to come investigate

alpha cb28x is a combi boiler, sorry forgot to check. You should have a filling loop there somewhere

Sponsored Links
Why worry then, if it the LL boiler then it's his lookout? It's a typical approach of penny pinching LL's (not all are like that of crse), if they don't have to spend money then they won't.

Nowt really you can do about it though. If you want to tho, pee him off and call him every time it stops and say "boilers not working get someone out please", his responsibility to get it going, then fill it up. Won't take long for him to get sick of it paying for the callouts and will get it repaired.

What would be causing this? Have I made it worse by bleeding the radiators or could it be something else ?
Every time you bleed a radiator , you have to check the boiler guage, water out pressure= drop, but doubt that is your problem, when the system is cold, mark what the guage says, then put the heating on for half and hour and read what the guage now says and report back

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back