Boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can anyone find me a mercury vapour valve to repair a Mk1 Potterton Netaheat 10-16? This elderly appliance - fitted by me in June 1975 - was the UK's first successful automatic boiler that didn't burn a permanent pilot. These mercury vapour valves were manufactured in Birmingham UK by a firm called Concentric which is no longer in business.

The valve is gas carrying, and quite different to the mercury vapour switches fitted to the Mk2 and onwards appliances.

The valve I'm looking for is ideally the 0.25" version fitted to this boiler. But I could adapt the 0.5" version fitted to its larger sibling the 16-22 if required.

I am trying to do some old friends of mine a favour. I am GasSafe registered.

Sponsored Links
You'll be lucky, they have been obsolete for years now, a new boiler will be far more efficient as well ;)

Yes, I have been . Purchased a brand new 0.5" valve yesterday on Ebay.
Seller told me he had two 0.25" on the shelf last month.

The Vaillants I usually fit are 91.1% efficient (net). They will now be able to get through the winter and replace the boiler in the Spring.

Am interested in these Intergas units. They have the same share of the Dutch market as Vaillant & Worcester have here. Anyone tried them?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back