Boiler repair query, ideal isar?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On an Ideal Isar, when the central heating is on, if the boiler displays "d" meaning there is a demand for hot water (when theres not, no dripping hot water taps either) , does it mean the diverter valve needs replacing?
The boiler is three years old and intermittently heats the hot water. Thanks in advance!!

Sponsored Links
could be a d/valve problem,when the d is flashing do the rads warm up.indicating the valve is passing .this will stop the domestic water getting to its "satisfied" setting

Thanks Gordon. I attended a call out. The customer had the heating on and it was working fine, all rads hot. The boiler display had the "d" showing. There was no demand for dhw tho. What do you think? I thought there may a be a leaking tap making the "d" come on and then maybe the valve stuck in mid position? Not sure if thats possible.

Thanks Gordon. I attended a call out. The customer had the heating on and it was working fine, all rads hot. The boiler display had the "d" showing. There was no demand for dhw tho. What do you think? I thought there may a be a leaking tap making the "d" come on and then maybe the valve stuck in mid position? Not sure if thats possible.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back