Boiler still active after hot water turned off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had my Ideal boiler serviced and ever since, when hot water is turned off, although the indicater light doesn't show a demand for hot water, the boiler still makes noises as if it is running. This will generally last for about 45secs to a minute. Wondered if this was a fault as, before the service, it always shut off immediately after using hot water.

Grateful for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Make and model would help. If its a combi then it may well have a preheat which has been switched on. Refer to your manual for advice on this, or come back with boiler details.

Make and model would help. If its a combi then it may well have a preheat which has been switched on. Refer to your manual for advice on this, or come back with boiler details.

The model is an Ideal Independent C30. I checked the preheat and it is set at off. Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back