Boiler Ventilation Requirements

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I don't know if anyone can advise but i'm looking to purchase a conservatory (the wife has finally twisted my arm) and I have been woundering about a potential issue with ventilation to our main boiler.

The boiler is mounted in the kitchen, venting through the external wall, which happens to be the same wall I want the conservatory built on. The boiler is a conventional type (Potterton Flamingo, also has the markings RS 1035) and was installed when the house was new in 1987.

The existing back door that would be the entry to the conservatory is 650mm away from the external vent. The vent is rectangular in shape and vents through mesh at the sides.

Can anyone advise what the minimum distance should be between the vent and a conservatory wall? I've asked a couple of conservatory companies and they have been very vague.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
The only source for dimension that are absolutely correct, are the M.I.
In general, it doesn't matter what the distance is related to the door, as long as it doesn't breach the integrity and the vent is not obstructed in any way.

vent? you mean the flue?

the distance required from the door will be in the MI. generally 600mm for a balanced flue boiler although its best to check. conservatory companies are not going to give a **** as long they get their money, dont rely on them for an answer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back