boiler ventilation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Glow worm 30CXI condensing boiler, fitted in a compartment in the bedroom,

The compartment/cupboard has two vents in it from the previous boiler, the installations instructions say that no ventilation is requiered (balanced flu etc) but there is a sticker on the boiler saying that the vents cant be blocked/removed, which one is correct, or is it a case of if they are there you cant remove them?

I ask because i am re-decorating the bedroom and a cupboard would fit nicly between the boiler compartment and the chimney breast

If they cant be removed would it be acceptable to move them forward?

Sponsored Links
Lots of boiler maufaturers get round compartment ventilation to suit customers & installers, Block them see how hot it gets in there & wonder why then do electroninc items hav built in fans. It is legal to remove um but its your money when electronics hav a reduced lifetime. Keeps the boiler makers happy sellin u new bits too.

Sponsored Links
ok, so i think i will leave one, and move the other so it wont be in a cupboard, the top one is kind of no use anyway, its above a solid shelf

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back