Boiler will not fire up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a potterton netaheat 60, i drained the system to remove 7 radiators. But having put back and bleed the radiators the system will not fire up any idears

Sponsored Links
Doncha hate it when that happens!! Presume its an open vented system? Probably air lock in boiler, or pipe work somewhere. When filling up manually open any motorised valves by moving slider across. Is pump running? Try going through the motions of firing boiler so the pump has a go at circulating water in an attempt to shift air lock! Check for lock out or overheat/reset buttons. These may have tripped if boiler tried firing with air in system.

Rincewind said:
Doncha hate it when that happens!! Presume its an open vented system? Probably air lock in boiler, or pipe work somewhere. When filling up manually open any motorised valves by moving slider across. Is pump running? Try going through the motions of firing boiler so the pump has a go at circulating water in an attempt to shift air lock! Check for lock out or overheat/reset buttons. These may have tripped if boiler tried firing with air in system.

I am not sure about the venting the boiler it is sited under the stairs and vents directly to outside. The pump does run and when you turn up the speed you can hear the air in the system. I have tried moving the slider on the motorised valve. i do not seem to be able to shift the air even with the bleed valves above the boiler. can not see any reset buttons any idears where they might be? Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Have you vented the air from the air bleed screw on a vertcal bit of pipework somewhere in the airing cupboard or loft?.....if no air or water comes out it has probably got blocked either with the rubber seal sticking or a blockage you can push through with a bit of wire.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back