Boliermate neon light stays on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Potterton Suprima 60 and Boilermate 2 system makes kettling noises when the boiler is generating heat (burner is firing), and I have been advised to add some Sentinel X200 boiler noise reducer. I understand the possible corrosion issue and am OK with this.

However, as I familiarise myself with the system and read the manual, I suspect I have another, more fundamental fault. The Green light at the bottom of white front panel on the Boilermate 2 is illuminated 24/7 and never goes off and the boiler pump continually runs. The Gas Boiler is being controlled OK, ie fires as requested (presumably) by the Boilermate 2 store thermostat, and can be off for long periods. I have followed the commissioning instructions, tried reducing the store thermostat, but the light is always on.

Sounds like a possible thermostat problem…. ?

Cheers,

Mark

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back