bonding coat?????????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello i have never used bonding plaster before?????

i am plastering my sisters corridor and as you walk into the house on the left side of the wall it is back to the breeze block and in the top left corner there are two hot pipes. can i put something over the pipes to stop the plaster cracking or will they have to be boxed in. and do i need to use bonding plaster for the small bit of wall to build it up to the same level as the rest of the wall? and how long do i leave bonding plaster to dry before multi-finishing it?????

thanks

Sponsored Links
no to sure. what about the hot pipes? also the wall has got metal covering for some wires from the light switches will bonding plaster go over this.or is it easier to dot and dab a new wall to plaster.

Sponsored Links
thanks for that but what about the pipes im worried that the plaster will crack . should i box them in??????? or just plasterboard over and skim.

if the pipes are not protruding to much and you can sheet right over them
then go for it! i have done so many times with no probs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back