Boost water pressure for shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How can fitting a booster pump increase my water pressure without running out of input flow. I understand how pressure is increased but surely the supply determines the pressure. I want to fit a shower with good to brilliant pressure I have seen the setup with an expansion tank but wondered how good the cheaper small standalone pumps acheive higher pressure.

Sponsored Links
All pumps increase flow faster than would occur without them.

In your case, if this was a mains connected shower (you don't state) a pump would create suction and deliver a higher volume of water.

However, it would be against water regulations. The suction could cause water starvation to other properties and possibly backflow from tainted water.

The other 'vessel' solution you mention is presumably an accumulator; I fit lots of these being a bit of a fan, and in certain situations (mains pressure being adequate being the key) this is the best solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back