boosting bath mixer shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
is it possible to fit a negative head pump to just run the bath and bath mixer shower..? customer has hardly any pressure and negative head, she cant afford a whole house pump etc or a shower pump combination, so i was thinking about running independant supplies to the bath via a 2 bar pump (neg head) what would be the smallest cw tank i would need fitted for this..??

Sponsored Links
whats with the negative head pump. where's the bath

the c/w tank is sat directly on top of the h/w cylinder in the bathroom and the shower head off the bath mixer is above the height of the c/w storage hence why there is so little pressure..?? well i presume thats why..

Hi Steve,

I presume the hot water is indirect? and the 'C/W' cistern is the header tank for the cylinder?
Is the property supplied with cold water via Direct or Indirect?
Is there not room to install the cylinder header higher up or re-site it to the loft to create more head?

The other option (the one we have at home) is to fit an electric shower with a simple mains feed. this could be the most time/cost effective soloution.

Regards,

Chris

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back