Bosch Dishwash will not start and we have 6 people for lunch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My bosch dishwasher SGS 34A (3 yrs old)will not start.
No sign of any power when push switch is pressed - LED elapse time display not illuminated, no noise nothing, completely dead.
Supply is ok at the socket and fuse in the plug is ok. I have removed the inlet water filter and cleaned. Water supply is on and reaching the back of the machine. The drain does not appeared to be blocked at the sink end, but have not checked at the machine, not sure how to or if this will cause the machine not to start.
Any thoughts,comments greatful received, together with how to access and remove items etc such as casings, if necessary.
Hope you can help, it may be a simple to resolve.
Kind regards.

Sponsored Links
check mains surpressor at the rear where the cable goes in also check pcb for burn marks .

Looks like the kitchen sink is making a comeback then :D :D :D

Hi rocks1.
Thanks for the info.
I assume I need to get the RH panel off, unfortunately the 2 screws on the front require an allen type key, does'nt look like a standard key and does not accept a screw driver.
I have tried a standard allen doesn't seem to quite fit.
May need to visit B&Q to see if they have a tool to do the job.
Assuming I can do this, is the PCB / Capacitor at the rear H/L or L/L?
Had lunch and washed the dishes.
regards

Sponsored Links
It sounds like your screws are the torx type so thats the type of driver you want....
Hope you get it fixed!
John :)

not the side pcb is at the top of the door,mains surpressor is at the rear of mc follow mains cable in ,it just clips of the rear.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back