Bosch Exxcel 1200

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys need some help if any1 is experienced with bosch machines

I have just got the machine and once i order it to wash or spin or drain etc it does exactley what it says on the tin for all of about 2 minutes then whole power to machine cuts off

as im writing this the machine has been off for about 2 minutes and has just come on by itself and is starting off where it left off, infact its been on the longest its been on now which is 5 minutes

the washing machine has sat outside in a garden for the last year :(

its just lost all power again :(

i have cleaned out the filter and have also changed the fuse in plug but im not greatly experienced with washing machines

any help from a guru on bosch WM would be super

many thanks

rick

p.s im also thinking of calling an engineer out but the bosch site is asking for a e-nr number which i cant seem to locate :(

Sponsored Links
"The washing machine has sat outside in a garden for the last year"...... Is this some kind of joke?

no zipper no joke, ill explain the story a bit better

a friend of mine has sold one of his multi let houses and this machine was used there but it broke, he reckoned it was something in the filter which i checked and indeed it had clothing jammed in there

he couldnt be bothered to look at it at the time(about a year ago)so he told his wife just to buy a new one and moved the bosch into the back garden where it has been since

the machine works just not for very long and then comes back on all by its own and resumes its job any ideas what could cause the machine to power on for a few mins then power off for another few mins then back on(repetitive)

so pls zipper if you can throw something out there to help would be super

Ok...start by posting the "E" number in the door opening. If the machine has stood outside for a year in our inherent British climate my first concern would be dampness, closely followed by frost damage to the inlet valve/valves & hoses. Plugging it straight into the mains after it has been exposed to the elements for so long was probably not a very good idea. You may have damaged the pcb or some of the electrical components. However I would advise you to take it indoors (somewhere warm & dry). Remove the lid & let it dry out for min 2 or 3 days then try to fire it up again.

Sponsored Links
ok the e-nr is WF02464GB/01 FD 8211600699

ok lid is off shall give it a go again in couple of days

p.s contacted bosch and have arranged for an engineer to come out, chap on the phone said it sounded like the pcb unit or something probs needs changing

thanks for the help zipper

I agree that the pcb "may" need changing, but it could also be due to dampness. Dry it out for a couple of days then fire it up again & see what happens. The pcb for your particular model is not cheap http://www.espares.co.uk/part/washing-machines/p/1085/0/0/0/659880/washing-machine-control-m.html & a new one may need configuring. Bosch supplied pcb's usually come with a config procedure (if one is needed) . If the pcb is history you could also consider getting it repaired. But first wait & see how things pan out after it has dried completely.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back