Bosch Exxcel dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We recently had a problem with something going bang in the utility room and tripping all the switches in our rcd box. After 3 visits by an electrician, costing over £150 following numerous 'bangs' the problem was found to be the capacitor in our Bosch Exxcel dishwasher. This had finally burnt out and was a potential fire risk. I ordered a new part from Bosch and they charged me £14.77 for the privilege of replacing this part, saying the machine was 5 years old and the part was out of warranty. This surely is a part that should not burn out ever. The arching of this part over a period of 8 weeks and the tripping of the switches in the rcd at all times of the day and night caused our freezer to start defrosting on several occasions, which had the potential to cause me even more money. From looking at the internet, we are not the only ones to experience this problem with a Bosch dishwasher.

Sponsored Links
Motor capacitors (& especially Bosch mains suppressors) go belly up all the time. After 5 years it isn't at all surprising Bosch refused a warranty.
What did your electrician write this down to on his first two visits? Maybe you should have called a domestic appliance engineer instead...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back