Bosch HBG674BS1B built in oven (series 8) error E6100

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We inherited this oven when we moved in about 18 months ago. It was installed new about 6 or 7 years ago. It is one of Bosch's top of the range series 8 models.
Prouduct: https://www.bosch-home.co.uk/product-list/cooking-baking/ovens/built-in-ovens/HBG674BS1B

After turning the fan oven on (at 160) for about 5 mins it flashes E6100 error and beeps. The fan at the back of the oven stops turning. After that all I can do is turn it off - it will not continue cooking.

These are the steps I took:
- press the ON button
- select 4D (fan oven), default is 160 C, press start.
- After a few minutes (3-5) it beeps the error. It has got nowhere near up to temperature (there is an indicator line on the display). The top fan did not run.
- To cancel the beeping error I pressed the off button so the unit stops.
- After a few seconds it flashes up the message "unit cooling down" and the top fan briefly runs for about 5 seconds or so.
- After that the unit goes off.

Googling E6100 it seems that replacing the fan motor is the fix (this is the fan at the rear of the unit). This I duly did (£90 part), but I get exactly the same error. The old fan motor I replaced, although a bit grubby, was spinning smoothely.
This is the new part (12004793): https://www.bosch-home.co.uk/store/12004793#/Togglebox=manuals/

I found a fault codes PDF on the web (see the answers here: https://www.justanswer.com/australia-whitegoods/gr0yi-bosch-oven-touchpad-control-says-e6100.html).
It says after replacing the fan to replace the control board... Another £125...

Before I do that, does anyone know how to get into the self test / service menu so I can get a bit more info.?
Do you have any tips on how to troubleshoot the fault?
BTW I have 2 of these ovens in the kitchen; the other one is fine.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sorry can't really help other than to say that throwing parts at an appliance is not a good way of rectifying faults. It will probably cost you less to call in a Bosch engineer ( some companies used to do fixed fee parts & labour call out charge) If you do intend to diy it given you have another identical one then you could try swopping parts from one oven to the other but then you run the risk of damaging parts from both.

I wouldn't chuck any more money at it but you have changed the oven fan motor and not the cooling fan motor 12004794 that E6100 can be.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't chuck any more money at it but you have changed the oven fan motor and not the cooling fan motor 12004794 that E6100 can be.
Yes you are correct and that was my mistake: not understanding the difference between the 2 fans.
I did get the Bosch service technician out and he replaced the top cooling fan and that fixed it.
However - and I hope this helps others - the cost for the Bosch fix was (approx) £105 for the call out + £55 for the part + £130 labour. So it's not true - as someone stated above - that there is no additional labour after the call out charge.

This was an expensive learning experience for me!
Anyway thanks to all for your help. Everyday is a learning day...

Yes you are correct and that was my mistake: not understanding the difference between the 2 fans.
I did get the Bosch service technician out and he replaced the top cooling fan and that fixed it.
However - and I hope this helps others - the cost for the Bosch fix was (approx) £105 for the call out + £55 for the part + £130 labour. So it's not true - as someone stated above - that there is no additional labour after the call out charge.

This was an expensive learning experience for me!
Anyway thanks to all for your help. Everyday is a learning day...
It appears to me that you may have been ripped off, see out of warranty repairs pricing here https://www.bosch-home.co.uk/customer-service/repair-service

Right. My mistake - again. The only thing I have paid is the call out charge plus the part. I thought I had paid the call out fee up-front, but that's not the case. So not too bad. jj4091 thanks for making me look into it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back