bosch integrated fridge freezer water build up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Can anyone help with a small, but annoying problem with my fridge freezer. !?!
Every week I have to mop up a small amount of water that builds up at the bottom of fridge under the vegetables boxes. It doesn't seem to matter what temperature I keep it at. I've tried all different settings. The seals are fine and we have always had this problem. It appears to have two drainage channel against the back inner wall that meets in the middle where a very small hole is. There was a red plastic plug type object in this hole from new but the water doesn't seem to drain away anywhere other than collect at the bottom of the fridge. I'm not talking about bath towels needed to keep it moisture free but its starting to get annoying..!
Is the red plug type thing meant to have been left in this hole??
Is this moisture build up normal??
Where does this moisture vapour go?? Is there a reservoir at the back that I am meant to be emptying every so often?

Help would be greatly appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
Take the red stopper out. And leave it out. The drain hole is blocked. Tip a small jug of hot water down the hole to clear it. The water will go on to the tray at the back on the compresser and evaporate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back