Bosch KIV32A40GB Fridge Freezer problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Bosch KIV32A40GB Fridge Freezer only 3 1/2 years old,
the problem is the freezer keeps over freezing? all the drawers completely freeze up with huge amounts of ice jamming them solid,
I have cleaned out and turned off overnight but within 3 weeks its back to the same, any ideas whats wrong with it?
the fridge section works perfectly,
thanks

Sponsored Links
is it a frost free?

how long do you leave it turned off and the door open to melt the ice out? do you swab the cabinet dry afterwards?

Sounds to me like the door is not shutting correctly, so damp air keeps getting in.

Buy a freezer thermometer and tell us how cold it gets.

Thanks for the reply,its not frost free, I leave it off/open for 24 hours and then dry it out, I have checked the door seal and cant see any problem with it, I will get a thermo and try and find out temp, thanks again

try putting strips of paper in the gap between the door seal and the cabinet, see if they are all gripped tightly ort if they can at any point be pulled out when the door is shut.

check the dish on top of the motor, that receives defrost water through a small tube from the fridge section, clean out any dirt of fungus, just in case there is a blockage or leak, verify that water flows correctly from the inside drain of the fridge into this dish. don't let water spill onto any electrical part.

Sponsored Links
try putting strips of paper in the gap between the door seal and the cabinet, see if they are all gripped tightly ort if they can at any point be pulled out when the door is shut.

check the dish on top of the motor, that receives defrost water through a small tube from the fridge section, clean out any dirt of fungus, just in case there is a blockage or leak, verify that water flows correctly from the inside drain of the fridge into this dish. don't let water spill onto any electrical part.

Done what you said and found top of seal was loose, tightened door and it has been perfect since, thanks for all your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back