Bosch PMF 180 E Multifunctional Tool

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to buy this tool . So a quick check to see if its what I need . I have an extensive scraping job to get old paint of walls ..layers and layers some of which are oil based. The plaster is fine so its just the paint that needs to come off. This bosch tool has a vacuum attachment so one of the main questions is will the vacuum work for scraping . I see there are soft scraper blades and hard scraper blades some info and usefulness of each would be nice too.

Sponsored Links
I doubt it - it would be a bit like trying to wash an elephant with a tooth brush.
If the paint is oil based, covers whole walls, and you really do want it off, wouldn't you be better using a chemical stripper.

It is you see exactly that an elephant...you have hit the nail on the head !!! I didn t mention the actuall setting of the paint layers as it sort of brings up a can of worms . I live in a pile of almost ruins in Bohemia. The walls have ancient plaster with a residue of wall paintings on them covered with 200years of painrt and so am very happy to scrub this old elephant with a tooth brush but would love to have the vacuum work well so help on the efficiency of that would be really good.
Iwillbevery happy toclearacoupleof square metres a day even sothe time is not an issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back