Bosch Slimline Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi I have a Bosch slimline dishwasher, (SRS45E22) which I have had for about three years.
The other day I decided to run a cleaning cycle but instead of using shop bought liquid cleaner, I put in soda crystals (about a cup full), (read somewhere on the internet that they do just as good a job, and don't cost the earth);
A few days later my machine stopped working showing the "check water" light... I unloaded everything, pulled the machine out and checked the water inlet, and the waste pipe...no obvious blockages or problems, and upon advice from various websites, I leaned the machine on it's left side, and let copious amounts of water spill out...
I put everything back together and repositioned the dishwasher and ran a cycle, all ok, except there was a small puddle of water on the floor in front it by the end of the cycle....So I washed the dishes...two loads later the "check water" light is on again and I have mopped up water each time!

It wasn't leaking before, and I have checked and thoroughly tightened the inlet hose. Also it has been making an intermittent whirring noise although no programme is running; could be the pump?

Anyway has anyone any advice, could it be that the soda crystals caused some kind of fault? Do I have to call a engineer out?

Would appreciate help as soon as possible, as my husband is strangely adverse to doing the washing up by hand!

Sponsored Links
Does the machine work if you lean it to the left side again?

By your description it sounds like a leakage onto the bottom plate & this has activated the flood protection device.

@ EthemD
it did work, yes, but it also leaked...
@ Zipper,
I have taken off the left side panel, and in the top left hand corner of the water matrix (?) ie towards the top rear of the dishwasher, there is a build up of what looks like gunk...visible through the plastic...
This particular part of the matrix has an outlet hole at the top - circumference the size of a pencil...and this is spewing out water every time the matrix fills up...I hope you understand what I mean...

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it needs a jolly good clean if you have water exiting out of the breather tube (flush it out repeatedly with hot water mixed with some household ammonia based cleaner until the gunk is gone). You may as well clean the pressure chamber at the bottom right while you're at it.

OK so, does that mean flush it out, by repeatedly running the dishwasher empty? or what? I mean what do I have to do to flush it through...sorry to sound completely novice.
and is the pressure chamber easy to clean?
btw thanks for your time :)

You would have to remove it to flush all the gunk out properly. When you get it out turn it upside down in the sink, block the breather hole & fill some hot water mixed with a little ammonia based household cleaner through the bottom. Let it stand a while then give it a good shake, empty, & repeat until the gunge loosens. If the pressure chamber is clean leave it well alone. If dirty/clogged dismantle & clean that as well. Take photos so you know how to put it back together in one piece.

OK thanks, will have a go, and will let you know if I succeed or whether I'll be purchasing a pair of Marigolds for hubby!

You will have to remove the matrix and the pressure chamber for cleaning.

You will probably have to remove the top plastic corner angles as these are sometimes used to hold corners of the matrix in place.

Some also have retaining bars......
With patience all the hoses will pull away from the pipes -the water inlet hose-
third from the left is the hardest to get off as it has a metal clip which needs
some pliers on or sometimes a hairdryer to encourage it to come away.

The pressure chamber is raised on two plastic mounts with small clips you can again lever with a small screwdriver.

Note the flood protection float and rod assembly as this will fall away when you pull the chamber up and away from the plastic posts.

The hose that exits the pressure chamber will also be gunked up so this should also be pulled away from the sump for cleaning-easiest if you remove
the front kickplate and drop the metal front channel away from the machine as it helps with getting access.

The pressure chamber can be fully dismantled into its component parts again with some small screwdriver action and patience!

The matrix takes time to clean-I find leaving it soaking overnight,squirting cillit bang
or similar into the pipes and leaving on its side so the gunkiest parts get well soaked............good luck!

There are some good threads with pictures on other internet forums -pm me if you want some links.

Nothing much to do with this post; cja...did you get my message regarding the klixon issue?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back