bosch top loader

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm having trouble with our new washing machine (Bosch Top-Loader WFL 1880) seeming to fill with foam and overflow out the soap dispenser. I've noted suggestions the machine might not be balanced correctly (I imagine this leads to over agitation and excess foaming), the soap dispenser is not clean, the water pressure might be too high, the drain pump clogged, but all looks ok.

It's funny the machine is only 2 months old and worked well for the first month now it overflows intermittently. I called the Service Agent and he said there's nothing wrong with the machine. it's the way we are using it (very helpful!)

We've reduced the amount of detergent but still the problems occurs from time to time. I've tried to monitor the occurence of overflows to see if the load size makes some difference, and it seems the problem is more pronounced when washing smaller loads, perhaps there is more agitation due to the smaller load size?

I also noticed in the manual that Quick Wash is only recommended for loads up to 3 kilos, what happens if you exceed this load size ? I wonder whether the enabling of this feature might have something to do with the overflowing. I'll try not using the Quick Wash feature to see what happens.

Split from hi-jacked post

Sponsored Links
how much powder do u use? and what powder/liquid

If you overload on a 3kg wash the only ting that will happen is a poor wash (wont clean as well)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back