Bosch WFB2004 not rotating in wash cycle, spin works though?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Bosch WFB2004 which does not rotate during the wash cycle. It fills & drains as usual, and will even spin if i set the dial to the spin cycle. I can't figure out why the motor works for spin but not wash cycle? The machine is about 6 years old and otherwise a pretty good servant.

Does anyone have any ideas.

Regards -- Robin

Sponsored Links
Does the timer still click through the program or does it just sit there?
Thinking along the lines of a faulty pressure switch. Still working enough to break contact to stop the water coming in but not making a contact to signal the motor???
Difficult one to diagnose remotely I'm afraid.

Yes the timer rotates though it's cycle. The machine fills and drains repeatedly and then spins and then stops at the end of the programme.

Do you think i should try replacing the pressure switch?

-- Robin

No. It could be a host of things causing this. For instance, motor problem, timer/module problem, wiring problem. Can't do a remote diagnosis on this fault, sorry.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to resurrect an old post, I was wondering whether the OP was able to correct this problem? What was the cure?

I've got the same model machine with exactly the same problem. Drum doesn't turn during wash cycle, so clothes don't get clean!! (although it fills and empties correctly)

Then after the wash cycle it does a full spin and pumps out as normal. The clothes end up slightly damp in parts but not clean!!

Anyone else experienced anything similar before?

Sorry to resurrect an old post,
Then don't be sorry, just don't do it in the first place. Read the forum rules.

I was wondering whether the OP was able to correct this problem? What was the cure?

The OP only ever made 3 posts, and they were all 2 years ago. The OP did not reply then and is most unlikely to reply now

OK, I think I've made some progress with this one... the machine had recently been moved and wasn't quite level. This has been corrected now and I am getting some movement during the wash cycle.

This appliance seems to have a strange (and rather noisy) agitation method where the drum jerks backwards and forwards intermittently for several minutes and then turns 'properly' for a few seconds. I'm not sure whether this is happening correctly or not (it looks good without any clothes in the machine but once it's fully loaded the agitation results in hardly any actual movement of the drum at all.... is this normal?).

Anyway I'll wait to see how the clothes come out.

Breezer, sorry if you have a pet peeve about old threads being woken up but there are no specific rules against this as far as I can see. Maybe the next person to Google the same problem and stumble upon this thread will find re-levelling the machine sorts them out?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back