Bosch worktop dishwasher leaking round door

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
It seems to be leaking from the bottom of the door at the side. Is there a seal I can replace?

Sponsored Links
Page 1 near the bottom of the inner door P/N 065629, £2.78.
Quite often leaks are caused badly seated/dislodged corners of the upper inverted "U" seal. Just because it leaks at the bottom doesn't always mean the bottom seal is to blame. But for that price you may as well change both. Good luck :D

Sponsored Links
I see it now, thanks. I was looking for something like a rubber strip.

It is rubber, you'll see things better when you take off the outer door & insulation plate.

Thanks very much, I have ordered the parts today. Do I need to take the door apart to puzzle anything out? How do I get the upper door seal strip out?

I saw a bit of what looks like draught-excluder strip in plastic foam hanging off the bottom of the door, but I can't get at it. Is this something else I need to order?

TIA

The inverted "U" door seal usually sits in a recess (kind of a T shaped self locking thing). Often a twisted/worn corner of this seal turns out to be the source of the leakage. It looks like you have to remove the outer door skin & insulation plate to get access to the bottom "flap" seal.

I have fitted the new long seal into the doorframe, but you said it might be twisted or worn. it still drips slightly.

the old sealing strip was cut at an angle at each end, and the tip was sort of folded towards the inside of the cabinet away from the door. What shape is it supposed to be?

tia

The bit that sticks out at the bottom at each side isn't sealing anything, only the strip mounted in the door recess. Is it leaking more now....or...less? Is it fitted correctly? Did you change out the flap seal at the same time?

it is certainly leaking much less.

All the dwrs I have seen seem to have the ends of the seal cut to a slant and folded or bent back. Are you saying the ends should be cut square?

I took out one of the the rectangular end seals, cleaned the surfaces and wiped with silicone grease. I punctured a fixing pimple on a new seal so put the old one back after cleaning and lubricating. I have not done the other side yet as I was worried about damaging the wart. Is there a trick to getting these nobbles though the holes in the sheet steel?

Reverse engineering....old seal comes out (noting orientation etc), new seal goes in same way. Not sure what you mean by "warts & nobbles" but it sounds a little painful. If it is difficult to fit the seals use a non-foaming/non-toxic fluid. Water usually works fine.

the small black plastic rectangular seals at the sides of the bottom of the door, inside the door casing, have barbed plastic projections that fit into two holes in the sheet metal, that's what I mean by warts. I found it very difficult to press them home enough for the barb to grip, and damaged one of the warts trying to press it in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back