Boulter Cam-Ray 15/21 not firing after draining heating syst

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we've drained our heating system down, removed and flushed three radiators. Replaced the rads and bled the air. The pump is operating, but the boiler is not firing, although the water pipe at the top of the boiler is hot, but boiler is not running.

Tried the reset button and this makes no difference. Our system is a Boulter Cam-Ray 15/21 oil fired boiler.

Does anyone have any suggestions as the only thing that is different, is just that we drained the system down?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
If the pipe is hot then how do you explain that if the boiler has not been on?

I would suggest you have air in the system and the pump is not pumping!

Did you bleed air from the pump?

Did you open the pump isolating valves?

Did you leave the boiler isolating valvces closed?

Tony

Hi Tony, thanks for your quick response.

Do you mean the pump on the outside camray boiler, or the circultating pump in the airing cupboard.

I can post photo's of the boiler and circulating pump if it helps.

Linda

if the boiler is hot then the problem is with the system rather than the boiler unless the lack of water has trippes the overheat stat ( not sure if that boiler has one) . I would expect it's air in the circulating pump.

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for your replies.

The overheat therm had tripped this was re-set yesterday and the boiler then worked for approx. 10 mins and then stopped again.

Today we've re-checked the pump and 3 way valve for blockages etc.,. these are all clear. Bled all radiators and outside pump, had water draining from inlet and outlet pipes which resulted in the boiler working for approx. 10 mins and then stopping again.

There's definately air in the system, but at a complete loss how to clear it? Is there a systematic order in which everything needs to be bled?

Thanks in advance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back