Brexit's policies

I am puzzled that the Brexiters think ANY money saved would be spent directly on 'us' by Osborne.

Ok we may have a better chance with McDonnell but when is that going to happen?
Osborne won't spend a penny on us...He'll be too busy loading the removal van.

Sponsored Links
Except, using your analogy, every single village in the entire country has to adopt those same Leek Growing rules set by one village.
That is absolute nonsense!

Every Leek Growing Society wishing to affiliate to the National Leek Competition has to participate in the federation rules. The village of Grasmere does not get to set the rules for the village of Littlehampton.

If you think that the Ugley Leek Growers get to participate in the National Competition without agreeing to follow the rules, or get to impose their own on everyone else, you are as deluded as Boris.

It's like saying "if you want to help set the rules of your village Leek Growing Club, you should continue to be a member and vote at the AGM."
If you leave, you lose your voice.
That's not a very good analogy, either - or is it?

The fees to the Leek Growing Club may be huge;
you do not agree with any of them but one voice cannot change anything;
you do not like the other members as they are all smelly and
they keep visiting your allotment and
they keep pinching all your leeks;
you just want to build a wall around your allotment (Mexico will pay) and
sit in your shed all day.

If you think that the Ugley Leek Growers get to participate in the National Competition without agreeing to follow the rules, or get to impose their own, you are as deluded as Boris.
But that's the point. Most leek growers don't participate in the National Competition yet they still have to grow according to its rules. Rules written in secret by an unelected minority, for a minority.

Sponsored Links
It doesn't apply to you if you are a smelly plumber and want to sit in your shed inside your wall, not participating in the activities of the club, never competing for a prize, and never exhibiting at the Show.

But if you do want to participate, and you do want to have a voice, then you have to be a member and follow the rules.

It doesn't apply to you if you are a smelly plumber and want to sit in your shed inside your wall, not participating in the activities of the club, never competing for a prize, and never exhibiting at the Show.
There's a heck of a lot of International Shows though, that are way better than the local one. They sell really cool shed-pimping parts too. But we're not allowed to go to those, well, not without paying an off-putting entrace fee imposed by the Local Show because it doesn't want to lose members to the superior Internation Shows.

But if you do want to participate, and you do want to have a voice, then you have to be a member and follow the rules.
I'd rather participate in all the shows more cheaply, even though that means just accepting the Local Show's rules when I happen to be at the Local show. Which is rarely.

More absolute nonsense.
Oh that's right, I forgot that you have unrestricted, transparent access to the European Comission.

Last edited:
So you admit your earlier claim was nonsense

we've been voted down every time. We have no power to reform or repeal those regulations once made (neither does anyone else).

It's another lie from the Resigners. It's cropped up before and been shown untrue. Why do you keep recirculating this nonsense?

In the vast majority of cases, the UK has voted on the "winning" side.

And your other claim was nonsense too

That's like saying a woman should not leave her abusive husband because 'at least while married she can say no to him'.

And this one as well!

Except, using your analogy, every single village in the entire country has to adopt those same Leek Growing rules set by one village.
That is absolute nonsense!

If I see unelected minority again I'll scream. It goes to show that if you repeat lies to knuckle draggers often enough, i.e. Daily Mail and Express readers, they will believe it.

It's cropped up before and been shown untrue.
Show me where it was shown not to be true (you can't, because it hasn't).

In the vast majority of cases, the UK has voted on the "winning" side.
Your own arguments make the case for leaving.
1) If we nearly always vote on the winning side then our vote is redundant. We're just sacrificing the voice we could have had independently with some other country or bloc. We're just another EU 'yes man'.
2) The UK votes against proposals significantly more than anyone else, which demonstartes that we don't share the EU perspective like others do. Therefore we might as well leave so we don't have to adopt any proposals. Oh, except when actually dealing with the EU of course, but that's OK because, as you pointed out, the rules are usually the ones we would have voted for anyway!

And your other claim was nonsense too
a Brussels bureaucracy the size of Birmingham city council.

If I see unelected minority again I'll scream. It goes to show that if you repeat lies to knuckle draggers often enough, they will believe it.
Out of interest, who did you vote for UK comissioner?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back