Brick wall disaster / repair

Sponsored Links
a picture might help, my crystal ball in in for repair :p

Wotan

Any loose mortar must be removed and re-pointed. Painting / rendering over a poor base will not achieve anything. Also if you have any spalled bricks, just remove them and replace.

If a lot of bricks are spalled, it would be simliar to rebuild the wall. It is only a few courses high, so will not take long. Where the wall is 7 courses high, it looks like you only have a couple of spalled bricks - remove and replace, and rebuild the part that is 3 courses high and in bad condition.

Are they retaining beds or similar? As often that makes this happen much more quickly.

It is hard to say but it looks like it would probably have to be rebuilt as repairing it may just be throwing good money after bad. Using the correct frost rated bricks of course.

Sponsored Links
Well i can see the pictures here just fine? NO idea why you cant!
I can see the picture now that you have posted it, the wall looks a bit far gone for a repair.
I would suggest a complete rebuild.

Wotan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back