Bristan tap covers - nightmare

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem with a Bristan Meridian Shower but to say I've fallen at the first hurdle is an understatement - *how* do you get chromed dome shaped tap covers off! These are the ones I'm talking about:

Looking at other posts - it seems they should be push on? Does anyone know if this is correct? I've tried getting purchase on them with a thin edge (chisel blade) but no sign of movement. Any tips - thanks

Sponsored Links
hi not shure with bristain but they are very simular to my bath and basin taps that i have recently installed and on mine the chrome dome unscews then there is a screw under that that holds them on
hold the top with both hands and try to unscrew the top you have nothing to loose

mick

Mick - cheers, I wondered if that was it cos I really couldn't feel them moving. I've tried unscrewing them but they're so slippy it's hard to get any purchase. Which way are yours threaded - I'm guessing they'd unscrew in an anti-clockwise direction?

Use some rubber or some old leather to give you some more grip. Wrap it round the tap and use some water pump pliers to gently squeeze round it, should give you enough leverage.

Sponsored Links
hi yes they would undo anticlockwise as mine do and as the other poster says try using a pair of rubber gloves so you can get a good grip
hope you succeed ok

mick

Try removing the two screws from the cover pate, then slide the plate over the control knobs - this may give you access to the mixer body

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back