British Gas installation disaster

Sponsored Links
We are not overfussy.
The previous heating system made no expansion/contraction noise.
I used to be a techno DJ so i'm not sensitive to noise. Probably tone deaf.
There should be no noise coming from the rads. but they all sound like boiling kettles. We are not after compensation. Just the product they sold us.
Looks like we'll take them to the cleaners then.
I've kicked off legal proceedings.
Wish us luck.

PEDANTICVINDICTIVEMAN said:
Copper pipeing does transmit noise more than plastic and if tight in joists etc will creak and click a lot, I would have to hear the noises for myself to know whether it is normal and you are being overussy or the noise is excessive and you have a legit complaint.
I have had a couple of customers one now an ex customer, as I have refused to do anymore work for one them, one complains about a drone from the boiler fan but hasn't decided to replace it yet, (sounds fine to me) he has a problem with any sort of noise, apparantly had the dishwasher people back over what he thought was a noise, another customer insisted transco replaced the gas meter as he reckoned he could hear it making a noise, then he reckoned he could hear the new one and packed it in polystyrene, (I dont go to them anymore), they also have 6 bins and recycle there nose hairs are vegitarians and think burglars are fictional characters, thing is, different people have different ideas as to what is noise and what isn't, another one of my customers used to live next door to the railway line, so when they had a combi in the bedroom cupboard whirring away it didn't even register on their ears to them.

Questions to be asked-

1. Have you had CH before and is it noisier than the your old system.
2. Are you customers from hell and find something wrong with everything you have done, double glazing, patio, blockpaved drive, new car, new suite, etc etc. be honest with yourseves.
3. Are you sensetive to noise in general, kids from the estate, radio, TV, ticking clock etc etc.
4. Are you after some money off and do this with everything, restuarant, cloths shops, etc etc
5. Are your eyes to close together like GW. Bush, do your eyebrows meet in the middle, do have the git gene etc.

If none of the above apply and BG have made a pigs ear of your CH take them to the cleaners with my blessing.

Be interesting to know what Glowworm made of it when they came to see it.

Sponsored Links
Yea what did Glowworm say, did they charge 50p a minute like they do with their tech line ?

What about your eyes being to close together and eyebrows meeting in the middle ;)

the thing is we dont give boilers away so y would you have too boilers too pumps and not give a reason y. and when we fit a system you can be assured we will be there a week later not on the anser macine saying sorry im on my horse.

Lost me now, can you explain what your on about, plus I think you have used your quota of "too's" up !!!!

gasman1234567892001 said:
the thing is we dont give boilers away so y would you have too boilers too pumps and not give a reason y. and when we fit a system you can be assured we will be there a week later not on the anser macine saying sorry im on my horse.

OH NO, HE'S BACK :!:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

fink he's implying
yeah.gif
are a cowboy ped

DELBOY28 said:
I used to be a techno DJ .................... Probably tone deaf.

Yes well all DJs are - thats why they're DJs and not musicians.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back