britony combi 80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm new to this whole forum advice idea so please be gentle.

I have a Britony Combi 80 which was in the property when I moved in 6 months ago. All of the pipe work to/from the boiler was renewed when the house was fully ripped apart and re-arranged, but the boiler remained untouched and in place.

To my surprise it fired up first time and heats both DHW and CHW perfectly. My only concern is that the pressure us always running low, even after a top up from the loop valve (0.33 under CHW and CHW/DHW combined, 0.6 under DHW alone).

I've slightly tightened up the pressure release valve. flushed and system with a cleaner and replaced all filters and bushes.

Is there any reason it would be loosing pressure all of the time, Yet running perfect. Should I be worried about an imminent breakdown

Many Thanks

Kev

Sponsored Links
If you disturbed the prv then its probably still letting by to outsidel. See if the pipe is dripping...

if it is the prv will need replacing.

kev.irving said:
the pressure us always running low, even after a top up from the loop valve (0.33 under CHW and CHW/DHW combined, 0.6 under DHW alone).
What are those figures meant to be?

Lots of reasons it could be losing pressure. Matter of elimination. Just had the pipes replaced so its been re-filled. There will be a lot of dissolved air in the ssystem making its way out over time. That may explain why at the moment youre topping up.

Or as stated the boilers PRV.

Filling loop may be bypassing.

Small leak somewhere

Sponsored Links
There will be a lot of dissolved air in the ssystem making its way out over time. That may explain why at the moment youre topping up.

how do I get rid of the dissolved air in the system and would removing this and doing a top up help??

Boiler should have an auto air vent in it to help do this and go around and bleed the rads when system is cold.

Keep pressure topped up to just over 1 bar.

Could be small amounts of air being let out by auto air vent that is causing pressure drop.

As others suggest, replace prv as well. You can't tighten them up!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back